“We inspire a community culture of giving and participation to make Chester a better place to live, work and play for generations to come.”
“Chester is filled with caring people who work together to ensure high quality of life, growth and prosperity for all.”
The Chester Community Fund encourages people from all walks of life to give back to their community by providing a full range of gift opportunities. A volunteer Fund Advisory Committee works actively to increase charitable giving and award grants to worthwhile organizations that are addressing the emerging needs and future opportunities in our community.
The Chester Community Fund enhances the quality of life and helps create new opportunities in the Chester area by:
- Supporting and strengthening local nonprofit organizations
- Providing innovative ways for donors to benefit their community
- Identifying needs and making grants in our community
- Participating in partnerships with other community groups
As an affiliated Fund of Nebraska Community Foundation, all contributions to the Chester Community Fund are tax-deductible. Nebraska Community Foundation is confirmed in compliance with the National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations, and has met the nation’s highest philanthropic standards of operational quality, integrity and accountability.
Related Fund Account(s)
- General Account – An account used by the local Fund Advisory Committee to support and maintain the affiliated fund’s activities within the community.
- Unrestricted Endowment – A permanent account whose assets are invested to generate an ongoing source of income year after year. Investment earnings from the endowment are used to support community improvements and programs in Chester, Nebraska. The Fund Advisory Committee determines how the money generated from the endowment will be used to benefit the community now and in the future.
In the past, this fund has helped with donations towards:
- Chester Memorial Park (2022)
- Youth Movie in the Park (2020)
- Village of Chester (2020)
- Demolition of Nuisance Properties (2019)
- Ballfield Improvements (2019)
- Chester Sports Complex (2018)
- Chester Volunteer Fire Department (2017)
- Chester Rescue Unit (2015)
- Auditorium Electric Sign (2015)
Easy, Automatic Monthly Donations
You can easily donate to the Chester Community Fund by setting up an automatic monthly payment. Just a small amount each month will go towards building a better community in Chester.
|Donation Per Month||After 12 months||After 24 months|
|$ 25.00||$ 300.00||$ 600.00|
|$ 50.00||$ 600.00||$1,200.00|
|$ 75.00||$ 900.00||$1,800.00|
If you would like to make a one time donation to the Chester Community Foundation, you can do this online – just follow this link.
Each year in November, Chester joins the Big Give Thayer County and opens online donations during a two-week period leading up to the Big Give Day. To give to a non-profit in Chester during Big Give click here – https://biggivethayercounty.org/search?search=chester
More Ways to Donate
There are many other ways to donate, find out more:
Wills and Trusts : A gift in your will is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of your professional advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to be made to family, friends, Nebraska Community Foundation or an affiliated fund as part of your estate plan, or you can make a gift in your will using a beneficiary designation form.
Charitable IRA Rollover : You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
Gift of Real Estate : Donating appreciated real estate, such as a home, vacation property, undeveloped land, farmland, ranch or commercial property can make a great gift to Chester Community Foundation.
Gift of Ag Commodities : Nebraska farmers and ranchers can save significant taxes by contributing commodities such as corn or cattle to their community foundation fund instead of making a cash contribution after selling the commodities.
Gift of Security, Stocks and Bonds : Donating appreciated securities, including stocks or bonds, is an easy and tax-effective way for you to make a gift to Chester Community Fund or an affiliated fund.
Gift of Retirement Assets : Donating part or all of your unused retirement assets, such as your IRA, 401(k), 403(b), pension or other tax-deferred plan, is an excellent way to make a gift to Chester Community Fund.
Gift of Life Insurance : If you have a life insurance policy that has outlasted its original purpose, consider making a gift of your policy to Chester Community Foundation. For example, you may have purchased a policy to provide for minor children and they are now financially independent adults.
If you have any questions about the Chester Community Fund, please contact any member of the Fund Advisory Committee:
Linda Sutton-Nutsch – Chairman (402-200-1324) – Office@LRSconsultingINC.com
Dallen George – Vice Chairman (402-324-5444) – Dallen@MyWNB.com
Brittany Wit – Sec/Treas.
Fund Advisory Committee: