The Chester Community Fund is dedicated to the improvement and long-term viability of our community and its surrounding area.
The Chester Community Fund encourages people from all walks of life to give back to their community by providing a full range of gift opportunities. A volunteer Fund Advisory Committee works actively to increase charitable giving and award grants to worthwhile organizations that are addressing the emerging needs and future opportunities in our community.
The Chester Community Fund enhances the quality of life and helps create new opportunities in the Chester area by:
- Supporting and strengthening local nonprofit organizations
- Providing innovative ways for donors to benefit their community
- Identifying needs and making grants in our community
- Participating in partnerships with other community groups
As an affiliated fund of the Nebraska Community Foundation, all contributions to the Chester Community Fund are tax-deductible. The Nebraska Community Foundation is confirmed in compliance with the National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations, and has met the nation’s highest philanthropic standards of operational quality, integrity and accountability.
Related Fund Account(s)
- General Account – An account used by the local Fund Advisory Committee to support and maintain the affiliated fund’s activities within the community.
- Unrestricted Endowment – A permanent account whose assets are invested to generate an ongoing source of income year after year. Investment earnings from the endowment are used to support community improvements and programs in Chester, Nebraska. The Fund Advisory Committee determines how the money generated from the endowment will be used to benefit the community now and in the future.
- Community Building / Cafe Project Account – This account will generate funds for the exclusive use of building and maintaining a community building with a cafe.
In the past, this fund has helped with donations towards:
- Reader sign at the auditorium
- Fire Department
- Christmas lights at the park
- and more!
Easy, Automatic Monthly Donations
You can easily donate to the Chester Community Fund by setting up an automatic monthly payment. Just a small amount each month will go towards building a better community in Chester.
|Number of months|
|$ 25.00||$ 300.00||$ 600.00|
|$ 50.00||$ 600.00||$1,200.00|
|$ 75.00||$ 900.00||$1,800.00|
If you would like to make a one time donation to the Chester Community Fund, you can do this online – just follow this link.
More Ways to Donate
There are many other ways to donate, find out more:
If you have any questions about the Chester Community Fund, please contact any of the board members:
Adam Tipton – Chairman
Jenilee Harms – Vice Chairman
Todd Heinrichs – Member
Art Whitton – Member
Marilyn Dillingham – Member
Mike Tipton – Member
Cindy Chinn – Member